Flood Information for Farmers in Vic | My Machinery
CASE Agriculture
Flood Information for Farmers in Vic

Update 20 April – 2012 flood recovery in northern Victoria

For emergency flood response services contact the SES on 132 500.

For information on animal welfare or other agricultural advice, contact DPI on 136 186 or visit our website.

The State and Federal Governments have announced clean-up and recovery grants and low-interest concessional loans. Clean-up and recovery grants are available to eligible small businesses, primary producers and not-for-profit organisations in the shires of City of Greater Shepparton, Moira, Towong and Indigo.

Concessional loans are available to eligible primary producers, small businesses and not-for-profit organisations in 20 Local Government Areas currently: Alpine, Ballarat, Benalla, Campaspe, East Gippsland, Greater Bendigo, Greater Shepparton, Indigo, Macedon Ranges, Mansfield, Mildura, Mitchell, Moira, Mount Alexander, Murrindindi, Strathbogie, Towong, Wangaratta, Whittlesea and Wodonga.

Application for these grants can be made through Rural Finance Corporation. Visit the Rural Finance website http://www.ruralfinance.com.au for more information and application forms.

Services such as counselling, financial advice and assistance, and business advice and support are also available. Visit www.dhs.vic.gov.au/floods for further information.

Electrical safety: where properties have been significantly damaged by floods, checks of wiring and appliances by a licensed electrician or licensed electrical inspector are imperative. Go to Foods, Fires and Electrical Safety on the DPI Vic website www.dpi.vic.gov.au for more information.

Share this:

CASE Agriculture